WinToUSB is a free application software. It can install the Windows operating system from ISO CD mirror or CD/DVD drive to USB mobile hard disk or U disk, so you can run Windows operating system on USB mobile hard disk or U disk. Another major function of WinToUSB is to create a USB boot disk based on WinPE, which can help you migrate the contents of WinPE boot mirror or Boot CD to USB mobile hard disk or U disk, and ensure that it can start from USB.
The main features of WinToUSB include:
- Easy to use wizard interface helps you create easily. Windows To Go USB boot disk.
- Support to create from ISO CD mirror or CD/DVD CD driver. Windows To Go USB boot disk or create WinPE boot disk.
- Support for cloning the current system (Windows 7 and beyond) into USB disks.
- Support the creation of Windows 7/8/8.1/10/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2 using non enterprise version. Windows To Go USB boot disk.
- Support for USB disk creation using non Windows To Go validation Windows To Go USB boot disk.
Matters needing attention:
- Windows 7/2008 R2 cannot support USB3.0 in its native form, so Windows 7/2008 R2 must start from USB 2 port.
- The U disk is very slow. It will take quite a long time to install and start the system on the U disk, so it is highly recommended to use USB mobile hard disk or pass. Windows To Go certified driver Installation system.
- Windows To Go It can be activated on different computers, so it can be brought everywhere and activated on different computers.
- Windows 7/2008 R2 does not fully support startup from different computers. Starting from other computers, you may encounter problems that require activation and driver incompatibility.
- Running WinToUSB requires administrator privileges.
System configuration requirements
- Windows XP and later 32/64 bit operating system.
- Intel accelerator Pentium processor.
- 256M can use memory (recommended 512M or more available memory).
- 50M hard disk free space.
- 800 x 600 screen resolution (recommended for higher resolution).
Download WinToUSB V2.7